How to Use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool step by step
Firmware upgrade with USB Burning Tool
This method is used for most firmware distributed online. If you have a single firmware file, normally an .img file or extension, you need to use another Windows tool called USB Burning Tool. If for some reasons, your firmware is badly damaged, and can’t access the recovery mode, that may be the only way to unbrick your board. Follow the steps below.
- Download firmware file (normally .rar file).
- You may also want to install Moborobo to make sure you’ve got the right drivers.
- Extract USB_Burning_Tool (a file) and click on the setup file (an .exe file) to install the tool
- Start the USB burning tool
Click on File->Import image and select your .img firmware.
- make sure your device is Power Off, with the USB OTG port connected to your PC. Use a toothpick to press the recovery button, and power the device. The USB burning tool should automatically detect your device. (If not, install the moborobo tool).
- Now click on the Start button button to proceed with the firmware update which should last several minutes.